For true community food security…..
Learn to grow your own vegetable seeds.
– Which vegetables are easiest to grow to seed?
– How can I be sure my seed will breed true?
– Choosing the best plants to save seed from
– Hands-on: harvest and storage
– Planning the garden for seed saving
Seed swap after workshop. Feel free to bring seeds to share. Some homegrown seeds will be available to take home.
Have a favorite open-pollinated tomato plant? Bring a ripe tomato and we will help you to process the seeds for best plant growth.
6-8:30 pm Thursday, September 8, 4446 NE Going St, Portland.
This class is part of our 9-month program in the Year Round Harvest.